Current Areas of Research
Experimental Physical Chemistry and Computational Chemistry- Gas phase anion photodetachment spectroscopy and mass spectrometry, metal atom, metal cluster and metal oxide cluster reactivity, resonant two photon detachment spectroscopy of complex anio ns, spectroscopy of charge transfer reactive intermediates, Density Functional Theory calculations.
- Chair, Department of Chemistry, July 2018 to present.
- Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington – July 2011 to present.
- Associate Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington- August 2002 to June 2011.
- Associate Professor, University of Illinois, Chicago- August, 2002.
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois, Chicago- January, 1997 to August, 2002.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of California, Los Angeles- November, 1994 – November 1995 Postdoctoral research under Professor James R. Heath has included time-resolved photoluminescence studies of InP nanocrystals, transport measurements on gold nanoparticles, nanowire formation, and doping conducting polymers with semiconductor nanocrystals.
- Ph.D. Chemistry, University of California at Berkeley- December, 1994; Research Advisor: Professor Daniel M. Neumark
- B.S. Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor- May, 1989; Research Advisor: Professor Anthony H. Francis
Professional Services and Awards
- DOE review panel for CPIMS Program at PNNL, April, 2016
- Organizer of the Computational Spectroscopy symposium, ACS National Meeting, San Francisco, Fall 2014
- July, 2010 – June 2013, Director of Graduate Studies and Graduate Advisor, Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington
- June 2010 – June 2013 International Advisory Committee of the OSU International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy
- January 2010 – December 2012 Journal of Physical Chemistry Advisory Board
- Strategic Planning Committee, ACS Division of Physical Chemistry, August 2009
- August 2008 – August 2011Executive Committee, Physical Division of the ACS
- Physical Chemistry Division Coordinator, IU Department of Chemistry (Fall 2007 to Fall 2008)
- Advisory Board Member for the Women in Science Program, Office of Women’s Affairs (2004 to 2008).
- Organizer of the Cluster Symposium for the Fall 2005 ACS National Meeting in Washington DC.
- DOE review panel for CPIMS program, PNNL, March 2005.
- 1999 Army Research Office Young Investigator Program Award
- 1999 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- 1997 American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Startup Grant ($20,000)
- 1995- 1996 University of California President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 1989-1992 National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship